How to Get More Done with the Pomodoro Technique
The Pomodoro Technique is a simple time management tool developed by Francesco Cirillo. Simply use a timer to work uninterrupted on homework tasks and then take a timed break. The more this technique is practiced, the more effective and efficient kids will become at getting homework done. It helps kids build executive functioning skills!
6 Simple steps to get homework done faster
- Plan homework and pick a task to do first. Get supplies/paperwork ready.
- Set a timer for 15 (20, 25) minutes. Get focused using your tools.
- Work uninterrupted on the task until the timer runs out.
- Take a 5 min. break – move, rehydrate, breathe. Read the Get Calm & Focused Technique here.
- Set timer again and work uninterrupted until the task(s) are done. Jot down any distracting thoughts or other ‘to do’s’ on a separate sheet to be addressed later.
- Take a longer break every 4 Pomodoro’s.
Repeat until homework is finished.